December 4, 2021
Submission Announcement for 2022 Chinese New Year Celebration Youth Art Exhibition
You are observing, learning, practicing, creating, and growing! The whole world will be in your hands someday. Would you like to express yourself and demonstrate your creativity in the form of art paintings and drawings? We have a platform ready for you!
CASTP Organization (CASTP) is hosting the online 2022 Greater Pittsburgh Chinese New Year (CNY) Gala in January 2022. As part of the Celebration, we provide this annual online Youth Art Exhibit platform for your original creative art paintings and drawings!
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the starting and finishing time of the contest?
Start: December 6, 2021, at 8:00AM US Eastern Time (ET)
Early submission deadline: December 31, 2021, at 11:59PM ET
Final submission deadline: February 15, 2022, at 11:59PM ET
Who is eligible to participate?
All students from 1-12 grades in the Greater Pittsburgh area can participate
Are there any requirements for the artwork?
2D paintings or drawings with color or black and white. Digital art, oil, pastels, pencils, watercolors, crayons, etc. Please do not submit sculptures, photographs, and videos. All submissions need to be in JPEG file format. Please do not send the actual artwork.
There are three categories:
- What I want to do at Chinese New Year
- My precious family time
- Self-defined themes
We reserve the right to reject artwork outside the three categories listed. Please do not submit political or commercial advertising. All artwork has to be created and entirely completed by the submitter.
How many pieces of artwork can I submit?
You can submit up to 2 pieces of artwork
Where do I submit the artwork?
Please send your submissions to https://forms.gle/vpSNDgnjHAmcudjL9
When will the winners be noticed and what will be the prizes?
- We don’t set winners for our Youth Art Exhibit, instead, every participant will be awarded a $5 Chinese Red Envelope, the award will be sent in February 2022.
- If participants submit their artwork by the early deadline (December 25, 2021), their artwork will have a chance to enter the online 2022 Greater Pittsburgh Chinese New Year (CNY) Gala on January 22, 2022.
Where the artwork will be displayed and when?
When the online CNY Celebration Gala will be held and where?
The CNY Celebration Gala will be held online on Saturday, January 22, 2022, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM over ZOOM and live-streamed on YouTube. All are welcome! Registration link is coming soon.
2022 CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION YOUTH ART EXHIBITION RULES AND CONDITIONS
- No Purchase Necessary: No purchase of any merchandise or tickets is necessary to enter the Exhibition.
- Rules Binding: By entering into this Exhibition, you, the exhibitor, hereby agree to be bound by these rules and conditions (“Rules”), and CASTP’s decisions on any interpretation of these Rules or judging of entries shall be final and not subject to appeal or litigation.
- Legal Rights: By submitting any entry into this Exhibition, you hereby agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold harmless the Celebration, CASTP, and any of CASTP’s partners from any claims or liability that arise from or relate to your entry or the use by CASTP, the Celebration, or any of CASTP’s partners of your submission. Submitted entries shall not violate or infringe upon any other person or entity’s rights, including and not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or any intellectual property rights, and should not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, signage, or any other works. Submitted entries shall not violate any rights of any third parties or of any local, state, or federal law or regulation. You hereby agree to unconditionally grant CASTP and the Celebration an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, show, display, reproduce, perform, distribute, edit, and otherwise use your entry in any way that CASTP and the Celebration sees fit. You also waive any and all moral rights in your entry with respect to any use by CASTP, the celebration, or any of CASTP’s assigns.
- Minors: You warrant that any minor who submits any entry, or appears in any entry, have the permission of the minor’s parents or guardians to appear in your entry, and that the minor’s parents or guardians consent to CASTP’s unlimited use of your entry which contains the depiction of said minor.
- Entries/Submissions: Submissions shall consist of only 2-dimensional (2D) entries, which may be paintings, drawings, digitally created art, oil, pastel, pencil, watercolor, crayon, or other composition or media. Please do not submit sculptures, photographs, and videos. CASTP may request that an entry/submission be modified (including but not limited to being re-scanned, re-sized, etc.), or may modify a submission, for ease of presentation or for other reasonable rationales, but is under no obligation to make any changes or modifications.
- Submission Method and Timeline: Every exhibitor may submit up to 2 pieces of artwork. All submissions need to be in electronic image files in JPEG format. Artwork shall be submitted in one of the three categories via: https://forms.gle/vpSNDgnjHAmcudjL9 he deadline for submissions is January 31, 2022, by 11:59 pm EST.
- Eligibility: This Exhibition is open to the general public. All Artwork shall be originally created and entirely completed by the you, and no earlier than January 1st, 2020.
- Limitations: You agree that submitting an entry does not bind or obligate CASTP or the Celebration in showing, distributing, editing, or otherwise using your entry for any purpose. Additionally, submissions may, but will not necessarily, be edited at CASTP’s sole discretion for length, content, or any other reason. Submissions shall not contain any material that, in CASTP’s sole, absolute discretion, to be objectionable, illegal, offensive, threatening, or otherwise unsuitable for the Exhibition. CASTP may, in its sole discretion, reject or not use, any submission for any reason or no reason at all.
- Governing Law: These Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and all disputes that are subject to litigation shall be heard in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Please contact CASTP board member Dr. Yuejun Zhao, (412) 996-0578, for questions about the Exhibit.