CASTP Organization Pittsburgh Chinese Cultural Center
January 8, 2021
Submission Announcement for Art Paintings and Drawings
You are observing, learning, practicing, creating, and growing! The whole world will be in your hands someday. Would you like to express yourself and demonstrate your creativity in the form of art paintings and drawings? We have a platform ready for you!
CASTP Organization (CASTP) is jointly hosting the online 2021 Chinese New Year (CNY) Celebration with Pittsburgh Chinese Cultural Center (PCCC). The online 2021 CNY celebration has many traditional and new programs, such as Photography Competition, Singing and Dancing Performances, Cooking Competition, Poetry, Live Games, and Youth Art Exhibit! The online Exhibit is the platform that we prepared for your original creative art paintings and drawings!
- What I want to do at Chinese New Year
- My precious family time
- I am proud of my artwork
2D paintings or drawings with color or black and white. Digital art, oil, pastels, pencils, water colors, crayons, etc. Please do not submit sculptures, photographs, and videos.
All artwork has to be originally created and entirely completed by the submitter. Every student can submit up to 2 pieces of artwork. All submissions need to be in JPEG file format. Please do not send the actual artwork. Please send your submissions to https://forms.gle/WteBM6w9mdQhRCnp6 , before midnight of January 24, 2021. Students from 1-12 grade can participate. All participants and their parents will sign a waiver to release copyright. The organizer of CNY reserves its rights to reject artwork outside the three topics listed. Please do not submit political or commercial advertising. The accepted artwork will be displayed online at www.castp.org for more than one month starting from January 31, 2021. Bring your family and friends to www.castp.org to see your creative artwork!
The CNY celebration will be held online on Saturday, February 6, 2021, from 7:00PM to 9:00PM over ZOOM and live streamed on YouTube. All are welcome! Registration link is coming soon.
Please contact CASTP board member Dr. Yuejun Zhao, (412) 996-0578, for questions about the Exhibit.
CASTP Organization and Pittsburgh Chinese Culture Center
2021 CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION YOUTH ART EXHIBITION RULES AND CONDITIONS
- No Purchase Necessary: No purchase of any merchandise or tickets is necessary to enter the Exhibition.
- Rules Binding: By entering into this Exhibition, you, the exhibitor, hereby agree to be bound by these rules and conditions (“Rules”), and CASTP’s decisions on any interpretation of these Rules or judging of entries shall be final and not subject to appeal or litigation.
- Legal Rights: By submitting any entry into this Exhibition, you hereby agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold harmless the Celebration, CASTP, and any of CASTP’s partners from any claims or liability that arise from or relate to your entry or the use by CASTP, the Celebration, or any of CASTP’s partners of your submission. Submitted entries shall not violate or infringe upon any other person or entity’s rights, including and not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or any intellectual property rights, and should not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, signage, or any other works. Submitted entries shall not violate any rights of any third parties or of any local, state, or federal law or regulation. You hereby agree to unconditionally grant CASTP and the Celebration an unlimited, world-wide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, show, display, reproduce, perform, distribute, edit, and otherwise use your entry in any way that CASTP and the Celebration sees fit. You also waive any and all moral rights in your entry with respect to any use by CASTP, the celebration, or any of CASTP’s assigns.
- Minors: You warrant that any minor who submits any entry, or appears in any entry, has the permission of the minor’s parents or guardians to appear in your entry, and that the minor’s parents or guardians consent to CASTP’s unlimited use of your entry which contains the depiction of said minor.
- Entries/Submissions: Submissions shall consist of only 2-dimensional (2D) entries, which may be paintings, drawings, digitally created art, oil, pastel, pencil, water color, crayon, or other composition or media. Please do not submit sculptures, photographs, and videos. CASTP may request that an entry/submission be modified (including but not limited to being re-scanned, re-sized, etc.), or may modify a submission, for ease of presentation or for other reasonable rationale, but is under no obligation to make any changes or modifications.
- Submission Method and Timeline: Every exhibitor may submit up to 2 pieces of artwork. All submissions need to be in electronic image files in JPEG format. Artwork shall be submitted in one of the three categories via: https://forms.gle/WteBM6w9mdQhRCnp6. The deadline for submissions is January 16th, 2021 by 11:59 pm EST.
- Eligibility: This Exhibition is open to the general public. All Artwork shall be originally created and entirely completed by the you, and no earlier than January 1st, 2019.
- Limitations: You agree that submitting an entry does not bind or obligate CASTP or the Celebration in showing, distributing, editing, or otherwise using your entry for any purpose. Additionally, submissions may, but will not necessarily, be edited at CASTP’s sole discretion for length, content, or any other reason. Submissions shall not contain any material that, in CASTP’s sole, absolute discretion, to be objectionable, illegal, offensive, threatening, or otherwise unsuitable for the Exhibition. CASTP may, in its sole discretion, reject or not use, any submission for any reason or no reason at all.
- Governing Law: These Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and all disputes that are subject to litigation shall be heard in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.